It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to allow students to withdraw from a class.
The responsibility for withdrawing from a class rests with the student. The student must abide by the following provisions:
- Contact a member of the advisement staff to initiate a drop from class.
- After the first day of instruction, the student must take the withdrawal slip, obtain the counselor’s/instructor’s initials, and deliver this form to the Admissions and Advisement Office in order to be officially withdrawn from a class.
- The date of withdrawal will be the date the form is received by the Advisor.
- Not attending class does not constitute a withdrawal from class. Failure to officially withdraw by the academic penalty date will result in a failing grade for the semester.
- Failure to officially withdraw by the financial penalty date will result in financial penalties. This differs from the academic penalty date and the financial aid date.
Note: Please consult the official College Calendar for the final drop dates each semester.