SCC Career Services offers a variety of services designed to meet the educational and employment needs of our students, community, and employers in the college district and surrounding area.
Students may utilize the center to obtain basic information about business and industry in the district. For example, if a student were seeking a position at a particular industry, such information as the name of the personnel manager, number of employees, and hiring practices could be obtained prior to an interview.
Shawnee Community College is committed to nurturing self-direction and personal responsibility in assisting those registered with the center in their career planning and employment goals.
The center’s purpose is not to guarantee employment but rather to provide a variety of programs and services which will assist the individual in determining and implementing his/her career and educational choices.
- Help in devising an efficient job-search strategy
- Exploration of current job opportunities through the SCC Job Line (a computerized job search database available to students and employers.)
- Resume critiquing and development
- Linkage between business and students
- Employee recruitment for employment
- Reference materials
- Career/job fairs
- One-on-one consultation
The Career Services office assists students, faculty and departments about present supply and demand trends.