It is the policy of the Board of Trustees that Shawnee Community College maintain a system of recording and filing student performance and attendance in courses.
The faculty will maintain student performance and attendance records. The procedure to be used is as follows:
- All records relevant to assigned grades will be kept through mid-term the next semester following the beginning of the next 16-week semester.
- Material relevant to an appeal case will be kept until the student has exhausted all appeal remedies.
- Faculty will post initial progress, midterm, and final grades.
- All full-time and part-time faculty will check attendance at every session of each class meeting (credit and non-credit), keeping a record by calendar date, course title, section number, and time of class meeting. The record should indicate a student’s presence or absence at each session of the class.
- Faculty members may also keep this record in a grade book or special form provided by the College.