Committee Name: Student Success Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Hybrid
Mission/Purpose: The Student Experience Team (SET) supports student retention,
academic and personal success for all students and performs strategic activities aimed
at improving the college experience for all students as well as persistence strategies
that facilitate course and program completion. The Team focuses on improving the
physical, emotional, and social well-being of our students through the implementation
of evidence-based best practices that improve the student experience and confirms the
effectiveness of these practices by obtaining student feedback.
Scope of Responsibility:
1. Monitor retention and persistence activities and provide a monthly report.
2. Collaborate with Information Technology Department to utilize the Saints Alert
3. Assess, evaluate, and make recommendations for student support strategies to
enhance student access, success, persistence, and goal attainment.
4. Focus on retention and persistence equity initiatives for under-prepared, non-
traditional, low-income, and minority students.
5. Evaluate annual student success and equity data and make recommendations
6. Recommend support programs and services that promote student equity.
7. Research best practices and provide training related to improving student
8. Provide a first-year experience program
9. Perform strategic initiatives aimed at creating a healthy and safe campus
10. Expand and support the diversity of the College’s student population.
11. Promote initiatives that provide opportunities for the development of our students and community.
12. Offer student engagement activities i.e., guest speakers, clubs, support groups.
13. Recommend and coordinate community education based on interest at all sites, utilizing campus and community individuals for instruction.
14. Assist with the election and recommendation for Student Trustee.
15. Provide multicultural events aimed at creating a more inclusive and unifying student experience.
16. Assist students with the operation of a student governance structure.
17. Plan annual commencement activities.
18. Review and recommend approval status of charters for student organizations.
19. Review and provide input on the College’s academic calendar.
Policy Responsibility: Provide input to the Student Affairs Council when needed.
HLC Criterion: 2.B.all; 2.E.3.; 3.C.7.; 3.D.1. and 4.C.
Strategic Plan Responsibility: Goal 1, Objective 2, Strategy N; Goal 2, Objective 1, Strategies C,E,F; Goal 2, Objective 2, Strategies D,F; and Goal 2, Objective 3, Strategies A,E.F.
Priorities for FY24: Assistance in the development of academic pathways; refine SCCES model for student affairs (4.1.A.); develop digital career pathway blueprints (2.1.A); student orientation/FYE (2.1.C.); develop online student catalog and handbook versions (2.1.D.); and implement post-graduate follow-up (4.5.A, 4.5.E); build technology infrastructure and web deployment of student services (1.1.D., 2.1.C., 2.1.D., and 2.1.H.).
Reporting: The SET advises the Vice President of Student Affairs (VPSA) through policy recommendations to the Student Affairs Council and performs operational activities for the Student Affairs Leadership Team.
Composition: Executive Director of Public Information & Marketing, Director of Recruitment & Enrollment, Director of Student Success, Student Engagement Coordinator, Career Services Coordinator, PTK Sponsor (1), Registrar, Center Coordinator (1), Transfer Faculty (1), CTE Faculty (1).
Meeting Dates: Second Thursday of the month from 10:00a – 12:00p