Committee Name: Administrative Services Leadership Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Operations
Mission/Purpose: The Administrative Services Leadership Team (ASLT) serves as the major administrative operational decision-making body of the College and is responsible for creating and sustaining an administrative culture focused on supporting college strategic initiatives and building an infrastructure that facilitates college operations and student learning. The ASLT develops, nurtures, and facilitates
collaborative decision-making through inclusive and intentional communication with the effective allocation of resources throughout the College.
Scope of Responsibility: The ASLT shall:
- Oversee College fiscal operations and ensure employee efforts are optimized towards the attainment of the College’s strategic goals and the Board’s strategic outcomes.
- Review and make recommendations on ideas, strategies, emerging from campus-wide dialogue and review progress in achieving goals.
- Facilitate input from, and communication with, a broad-based campus and community population.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to the College’s budget planning and development processes.
- Assess the College’s budget and recommend allocation priorities.
- Ensure college compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Review Institutional Effectiveness efforts and use key performance metrics to improve operational practices.
- Delegate operational decision-making authority to the most appropriate level in the organization and ensure alignment of employee effort.
- Provide guidance to all levels of the Administrative Services Division to assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategy/initiatives.
- Ensure administrative processes and activities promote institutional effectiveness, through informed data-driven decision-making, collaboration, assessment, communication, coordination, and refinement.
- Make recommendations to the President regarding the implementation and progress of major college-wide planning and initiatives.
- Develop and monitor implementation of the College’s strategic plan.
- Review Administrative Services related Strategic Plan Board Monitoring Reports.
- Receive and review periodic updates and reports from operational committees and employees.
Policy Responsibility: None.
Reporting: The ASLT advises the Vice President of Administrative Services (VPAS). The VPAS will consider all recommendations made by the ASLT and endorse those that benefit the College. All endorsed recommendations will be sent to the Executive Council for approval.
Associated Committees: President’s Cabinet, Administrative Services Council, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council, Business & Finance Team, Technology Team, Facilities Team, and Safety & Risk Management Team
Composition: Director of Business Services, Director Facilities, Director of Information Technology, Bookstore Manager, Accountant, Payroll Specialist, Bursar, Network Administrator, and Educational Technology Administrator
Meeting Dates: Third Tuesday of the month from 1:00p – 3:00p.