Perkins V is a federal grant that supports students enrolled in Career and Technical Education programs. CTE programs are skills-based courses of study that focus on preparing students to enter the workforce in high demand fields.
Perkins V offers services for students such as assistance with books, tool kit rentals and other resources.
You must be currently enrolled in a CTE program and meet one of the following nine criteria:
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including low-income youth and adults
- Individuals who are in non-traditional fields for their gender
- Single parents, including single pregnant women
- Out-of-workforce individuals
- Homeless individuals
- Youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system
- Youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces who is on active duty
- Individuals with other barriers to educational achievement, including individuals with limited English proficiency/English language learners