Shawnee Community College
The Technology Support Technician will support A/V needs, provide customer service, and assist in maintaining technology.
- High School diploma
- Experience using a PC and Microsoft Office.
- Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field.
- Customer service experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Create and sustain a supportive College culture that engages employees, recognizes diversity, ensures equity, promotes inclusion, and creates a sense of belonging by fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision.
- Serve as point of contact for campus users seeking evening technical assistance over phone, walk-in, or email.
- Distribute, install, set up, troubleshoot, and inventory computer systems, telecom equipment, network equipment, and audio/visual equipment in accordance with standard procedures.
- Create and support various issues relating to user accounts on campus-approved systems.
- Support and train users in the use of technology, including developing training materials.
- Help manage IT work order requests.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and patience to handle a variety of situations of personalities.
- Provide effective resolutions to user issues, while maintaining communications and monitoring incidents through resolution.
- Provide support for occasional evening and weekend events.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy equipment.
- Provide guidance and explain policies and procedures to end-users.
- Monitor and provide support for evening and weekend college events.
- Perform other related duties which may be required by the Director of Information Technology (i.e. duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
- Flexible work hours to be set weekly. General work hours will be set between 10:00 am and 8:00 pm.
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, government agencies, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Willingness and ability to safely use a ladder.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
SALARY: $16 per hour
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover letter and Resume