Website Shawnee Community College
Public two-year comprehensive community college
Instructs classes following course syllabi approved by the college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Teach classes as determined by the Vice President of Instruction, Division Chairperson, and faculty. All faculty members will follow course syllabi approved by the college.
2. Teach the scheduled class time.
3. Use a variety of methods and teaching strategies that reflect the different learning styles and needs of students.
4. Participate in the development, implementation, and documentation of appropriate assessment activities to the Vice President of Instruction.
5. In cooperation with other instructors, prepare or revise course syllabi for courses offered in their discipline and submit to the Curriculum and Instruction Committee for review.
6. In cooperation with other instructors, prepare textbook recommendations and submit to the Division Chairperson and Vice President of Instruction for review.
7. Assist in developing the division unit plan and make recommendations for equipment purchases.
8. Complete and submit grades and other course related reports in a timely manner.
9. Demonstrate commitment to the teaching/learning process by participating in professional development activities that enable faculty to maintain current perspectives and maybe financially supported by college with prior approval of administration.
10. Assist students in meeting needs or solving problems, seeking additional help from other college services when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in Psychology is required. A master’s degree in Psychology is preferred. Successful teaching experience in a community college setting preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some lifting, reaching, bending and stooping.
Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.