Shawnee Community College
The Curriculum Development Manager will manage the development, implementation, and assessment of career pathways and competency-based programs, curriculum, methods, and materials. Under direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA), the Curriculum Development Manager will work with the College’s Academic Deans to manage the ATOMAT and IBT grants/projects, developing and maintaining internal program documents and reports related to grant requirements. The Curriculum Development Manager will identify and engage appropriate faculty Subject-Matter Experts (SME) in the development of competency-based courses and multiple-entry programs.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years curricula and course development experience
· Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
· Efficient verbal and written communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
· Proficient with MS Office Products (e.g., WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Master’s degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Higher Education, or a related field
· Experience designing competency-based curriculum and programs
· Learning outcome / program evaluation experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design principles and models
· Demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to the development and delivery of courses, including principles to facilitate instructional effectiveness and evaluation techniques
· Experience writing instructional design specifications
· Project Management experience (PMP)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
· Contribute and sustain a supportive College culture that engages employees, recognizes diversity, ensures equity, promotes inclusion, and creates a sense of belonging by fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision.
· Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of career pathways and competency-based education (CBE) programs and curriculum.
· Ensure projects, milestones, benchmarks, goals, and associated tasks are completed within established timeframes.
· Train, mentor, coach and develop team members in support of achieving curriculum development objectives.
· Recommend policies and procedures in support of career pathways and CBE program implementation.
· Coordinate and communicate administrative directives with various individuals and/or teams throughout the project development and implementation.
· Consult with SME‘s to define program and course learning outcomes.
· Use learning outcomes to design modular performance-based content including, but not limited to, course outcome summaries, learning plans, learning objects (i.e. electronic learning support materials), assessment plans, and master syllabi.
· Develop/redesign curricula in ways that allow for multiple delivery methods (i.e. face-to-face, hybrid, online) and multiple entry points for students.
· Conduct research of curricula in order to determine what materials, resources and innovations should be added, revised, or adapted to meet new learning models.
· Conduct feasibility studies for the possible development of new programs.
· Align curricula with regional/national skill standards, where appropriate.
· Conduct DACUMs or Task Analysis processes to ensure curriculum relevancy.
· Attends meetings, conferences, College-sponsored functions, and other professional activities, as appropriate.
· Assist with preparation of grant writing, research, and reporting as designated by the VPAA.
· Serves on appropriate committees as assigned.
· Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and guidelines including grant requirements, ICCB, & HLC reporting.
· Ensure institutional and programmatic accreditation requirements are met in relation to curricula development.
· Ensure career pathways are aligned with local labor market needs and to transfer institutions’ requirements.
· Work through the College’s shared governance process to review and modify policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices to improve performance, maintain compliance, and/or align with widely accepted best practices.
· Track expenditures, monitors, and reconciles assigned grant budgets.
· Complete quarterly and annual grant performance reports.
· Complete budget modifications, requisitions, and bid specifications as needed.
· Monitors grant activities.
· Performs other related duties which may be required by the Dean of Career & Technology Programs (i.e. duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Proficiency with (or the ability to quickly learn) the College’s Banner/Colleague academic system.
· Ability to work outside of the normally scheduled work day, when necessary.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $54,000
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Official Transcript, Letter(s) of Recommendation