Shawnee Community College
The Head Volleyball Coach is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student-athletes within the program. The Head Coach will instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. The Head Coach is responsible for the health safety, and welfare of every student-athlete participating in their athletic program. The Head Coach will also collaborate with campus departments to monitor student academic success. All regulations and policies put forth by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Shawnee Community College will be followed. The Head Coach will lead all aspects of the athletic program.
- Associate’s degree acquired or three years of coaching experience.
- Appreciation for community college athletics.
- Demonstrated commitment to the overall academic and athletic achievement for all student-athletes.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching particular athletic program.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to athletic integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate statistics.
- Experience with concussion training, cardiac arrest training, and First Aid/CPR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop a recruitment plan for the program.
- Research and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Develop student-athletes.
- Create and implement athletic program rules.
- Complete and submit student-athlete letters of intent.
- Plan, schedule and develop a season schedule.
- Conduct and supervise all practices.
- Plan, schedule an develop an off-season conditioning/training program.
- Verify that all student-athletes have required forms submitted for eligibility, residency, and past collegiate and secondary school transcripts.
- Record and tabulate game statistics and submit to NJCAA.
- Assist with driving/transporting team members to events.
- Attend in athletic department meetings.
- Monitor student-athlete academic success including class attendance.
- Collaborate with campus departments to monitor student academic success and engagement.
- Conduct yearly equipment and uniform inventory.
- Request updated equipment.
- Support student-athletes who wish to transfer to a four-year institution.
- Hire, train, and supervise any assistants (coaching, line judges, statistics book).
- Submit roster, schedule and other information to Director of Athletics and to Website Manager in timely manner.
- Submit requisitions for transportation and team meals in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with student-athletes and other individuals based on the individual’s permission.
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following
- Team Leadership
- Team Management
- Assistant Coach
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Salary: $13 per hour
Required Documentation: Cover letter, resume, official transcript, letter(s) of recommendation,