Shawnee Community College
The Head Coach is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to student-athletes within the program. The Head Coach will instruct student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. The Head Coach is responsible for the health safety, and welfare of every student-athlete participating in their athletic program. The Head Coach will also collaborate with campus departments to monitor student academic success. All regulations and policies put forth by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) and Shawnee Community College will be followed. The Head Coach will lead all aspects of the athletic program.
- Associate’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Coaching experience in the sport
- Experience with concussion, cardiac arrest, and First Aid/CPR training.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education or a related field.
- 2 years of experience with junior college athletics
- Experience coordinating statistics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop a recruitment plan for the program.
- Research and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Verify that all student-athletes have required forms submitted for eligibility, residency, and past collegiate and secondary school transcripts.
- Development of team practice and season schedules.
- Hire, train, and supervise any assistants (coaching, line judges, statistics book)
- Conduct and supervise all practices.
- Plan, schedule, and develop an off-season conditioning/training program.
- Assist with driving/transporting team members to events as needed.
- Monitor student-athlete academic success including class attendance.
- Collaborate with campus departments to monitor student academic success and engagement.
- Support student-athletes who wish to transfer to a four-year institution.
- Communicate regularly with student-athletes and other individuals based on the individual’s permission.
- Submit the roster, schedule, and other information to the Director of Athletics and to the Website Manager in a timely manner.
- Create and implement athletic program rules.
- Record and tabulate game statistics and submit them to NJCAA.
- Attend athletic department meetings.
- Conduct yearly equipment and uniform inventory.
- Manage the team budget.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Director to request updated equipment.
- Submit requisitions for transportation and team meals in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties which may be required by the Athletic Director (i.e. duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Commitment to athletic integrity.
- Commitment to the overall academic and athletic achievement of all student-athletes.
- Assistant Coach
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
SALARY: $15 per hour
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume, Official Transcript(s)