Shawnee Community College
Teach CNA courses.
- Be a registered nurse with a minimum of 2 years nursing experience, current IL license
- Current CPR certification
- Have successfully completed a Department-sponsored Approved Evaluator Workshop prior to initial approval and complete a Department-sponsored Approved Evaluator Workshop refresher course every five years thereafter, as well as complete a Department-sponsored Train the Train Program for theory.
- Have one year of experience as a registered nurse in Long Term Care or providing nursing care, including personal care and activities of daily living, to older adults or for chronically ill adults.
- Each instructor shall also provide documentation of completion of a Department-approved specialized workshop, course, seminar or other approved training for instruction in Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias.
- Have successfully completed a Department-sponsored Train the Trainer and Approved Evaluator course prior to initial approval and every five years thereafter. Nurses with a BSN do not need to complete the Train the Trainer program at this time.
$600.00 per credit hour