Shawnee Community College
The Accounts Payable Clerk reports directedly to the Director of Business Services and is responsible for all areas of purchasing and accounts payable and will serve as a backup to the Accounts Receivable Clerk/Bursar.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in business related field.
- Associate Degree from an accredited institution and three years’ experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, or business-related field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Contribute and sustain a supportive College culture that engages employees, recognizes diversity, ensures equity, promotes inclusion, and creates a sense of belonging by fostering an environment of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision.
- Communicate and/or coordinate supervisory directives with various individuals and/or teams throughout the Administrative Services (AS) Division.
- Mentor, train, and guide budget managers on the requisition process.
- Configure and maintain the College’s ERP (Colleague) purchasing/accounts payable module to improve support of the business office.
- Ensure students, faculty, staff, community members, and vendors receive excellent customer service in all interactions with the offices of Administrative Services Division.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the purchasing/accounts payable office.
- Serves as backup to the bursar/accounts receivable position.
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of the College’s purchasing and accounts payables files and related information required of this position.
- Keeps historical records systematized and the filing room organized.
- Assist Director of Business service to ensure compliance with related federal and state laws, regulations, and guidelines which includes ICCB reporting.
- Enter bills into College’s ERP system and issues payments.
- Completes purchase orders from requisitions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Ensures expense charges are in appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Prepares payments to employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances.
- Reimburses petty cash based on expense reports.
- Reconciles purchasing credit card monthly.
- Maintains W-9 forms and applications on college vendors.
- Maintains records of outstanding checks and voided/stop payment checks for accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Responsible for utility usage spreadsheet
- Responsible for tracking copier usage and contracts
- Responsible for the preparation of yearly open blanket purchase orders for college departments.
- Completes yearly 1099 tax forms for accounts payable transactions.
- Completes Illinois Community College Board Business Enterprise Program Reports.
- Manages fixed assets module by marking capital assets by keying in tags, serial numbers, location, steward and other pertinent information for items within the capital asset dollar threshold.
- Performs other duties related which may be required by the Director of Business Services (i.e. duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but are generally within the occupational series and responsibility level associated with the employee’s class of work).
SKILLS & ABILITIES include the following:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work outside of the normally schedule work day, when necessary.
- Perform the four operations with like common and decimal fractions, compute ratio, rate and percent
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Consistently performs duties with concern, courtesy, and respect for all persons in a prompt and timely manner. Must work cooperatively with students, employees, and community members and be sensitive to issues of student and employee diversity. Consistently exhibits responsiveness to others in the organization at all levels and responds to requests for assistance from students, staff, and community members in a helpful and timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels are moderate.
SALARY RANGE: $39,000 – $43,625
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Cover letter, Resume, Official Transcript