The following schedule and conditions govern the refund of tuition and fees at Shawnee Community College:
Tuition and fee refunds will be issued to eligible students based upon the official date of withdrawal. The date that a formal request for withdrawal is received by the counselor determines the official date of withdrawal.
Tuition and fee charges will be refunded 100 percent under the following conditions:
- A class is cancelled by a College official
- A student drops a class meeting 12 weeks or longer within the first ten (10) instructional days of the semester
- A student drops a class meeting 8-11 weeks within the first five (5) instructional days of the semester/course
- A student drops a class meeting 3-7 weeks within the first instructional day of the course
- A student drops a class meeting less than 3 weeks prior to the first instructional day of the course
No refund/payment will be authorized for withdrawals or changes made after the respective drop period.
Additionally, no refund/payment will be issued if:
- A student is withdrawn by the college for disciplinary reasons
- A student is withdrawn by the college for non-attendance
- A student has financial obligations to the college
Refunds will be made thirty (30) days from the date of complete withdrawal.
If a student has a monetary obligation to the college, the student will not be allowed to re-enroll for future semesters. In addition, semester grades and official transcripts will be withheld.
Note: The refund policy is subject to change without notice by the Board of Trustees.
Policy Manual: Section 8320