ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Teach courses as assigned determined by need and/or expertise.
- Maintain quality assurance to remain compliant with all required agencies.
- Obtain qualified preceptors at each clinical facility and monitor preceptors and students in various off campus clinical facilities.
Perform other related duties which may be requested by the Director of Nursing or Vice President of Academic Affairs & Student Learning. (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.) Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Master’s in Nursing with minimum 1 year OB experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Current unencumbered Illinois Registered Professional Nurse License or Eligible to be licensed in IL
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to Shawnee Community College directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certification (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resources Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin, IL 62992