Must have a Master’s Degree in Math or Master’s which includes 18 Graduate hours of Math courses.
- Teach classes as determined by the Vice President of Instruction, Division Chairperson, and faculty. All faculty members will follow course syllabi approved by the college.
- Teach the scheduled class time.
- Use a variety of methods and teaching strategies that reflect the different learning styles and needs of students.
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate assessment activities.
- Assist the division chair and vice-president of instructional services in program development and program improvement activities.
- In cooperation with other instructors, prepare or revise course syllabi for courses offered in their discipline and submit to the Curriculum and Instruction Committee for review.
- In cooperation with other instructors, prepare textbook recommendations and submit to the Division Chairperson and Vice President of Instruction for review.
- Assist in developing the division unit plan and make recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Complete and submit grades and other course related reports in a timely manner.
- Attend division meetings called by the Division Chairperson and faculty meetings called by the administrative officers.
- Maintain and post office hours on the office door and as filed in administrative offices as per section 6.7.
- Demonstrate commitment to the teaching/learning process by participating in professional development activities that enable faculty to maintain current perspectives and maybe financially supported by college with prior approval of administration.
- Serve on college committees as established by the administration and faculty.
- Assist students in meeting needs or solving problems, seeking additional help from other college services when necessary.
- Notify the appropriate person of absences per college policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year based on salary scale, education & experience
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to Shawnee Community College directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certification (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resources Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin, IL 62992