Each year in March over 40 area employers participate in the Annual Career/Job Fair. This is a great opportunity for individuals to explore employment/career opportunities available from area employers. Employers also have the opportunity to promote their businesses and identify qualified employees.
The Shawnee Community College Career Center, in cooperation with Shawnee Development Council and the SCC Illinois Small Business Development Center, will host the SCC Annual Job Fair from 8:30am until noon in the spring in the Edward M. Smith Center, located on the main campus near Ullin.
The following businesses have participated in the past
- Advantage Nursing Services
- Aisin Mfg. Illinois, LLC
- Bristol Broadcasting Company
- Camp Little Giant/Touch of Nature
- Carbondale US Army Reserves
- Christian Social Services
- City of Carbondale Police Department
- Delta Center
- EPX Body
- Family Video
- Harrah’s Casino and Hotel
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Illinois Migrant Council
- Isle Casino Cape Girardeau
- Land of Lincoln Americorps
- Massac Memorial Hospital
- Metropolis Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- National Guard
- NuVisionz Hair Salon/Legal Shield
- Parkview Manor
- Pepsi Mid America
- Shawnee Development Council
- Sheet Metal Workers Local #268
- SIU Regional Nursing
- Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative
- Southern Illinois Healthcare
- Southgate Nursing and Rehab
- Union County Counseling Services, Inc.
The Career Services Office invites area businesses to attend the job fair.
There is no charge to participate.
Exhibitors may set-up from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. the day of the event.
Contact for More Information
Career Services Coordinator – 1-800-481-2242 ext. 3337