Committee Name: Student Success Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Hybrid
Mission/Purpose: The Student Success Team (SST) supports student retention and persistence strategies that facilitate course and program completion.
Scope of Responsibility:
Policy functions of the SST are:
- Recommend improvement to the College’s academic support, financial aid, career services, veterans services, and records policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure academic information is accurately portrayed in the College Catalog and any student handbook.
Operational functions of the SST are:
- Monitor retention and persistence activities and provide a monthly report.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Department to utilize the Saints Alert program.
- Review and recommend improvements to the College’s enrollment management (from inquiry through graduation) efforts.
- Assess, evaluate, and make recommendations for student support strategies to enhance student access, success, persistence, and goal attainment.
- Focus on retention and persistence equity initiatives for under-prepared, nontraditional, low-income, and minority students.
- Evaluate annual student success and equity data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Recommend support programs and services that promote student equity.
- Provide an annual summary of outcomes/achievements to the Student Affairs Council.
- Research best practices and provide training related to improving student success.
- Provide a first-year experience program
Policy Responsibility: Financial Aid (A32xx) and Enrollment Services (A33xx)
Reporting: The SST advises the Vice President of Student Affairs through policy recommendations to the Student Affairs Council and performs operational activities for the Student Affairs Leadership Team.
Associated Committees: Executive Council, Student Affairs Council, Student Life Committee, Marketing and Public Relations
Composition: Executive Director of Public Information & Marketing, Director of Recruitment & Enrollment, Director of Student Success, Director of Community Education & Outreach Centers, Student Engagement Coordinator, Student Organization Sponsor (1), Registrar, Transfer Faculty (1), CTE Faculty (1), Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness
Meeting Dates: Second Tuesday of the month from 10:00a – 12:00p