Policy Type: Board- Executive Limitations
Related Policies: B2001, B2002, B2003
Linked Procedures: None
Related Laws: None
Related Standards: None
HLC Criterion: 1C2, 1C3, 2A2, 3C, 5A, 5B
The President shall create and sustain a compensation and benefit system that enables the College to attract and retain high-quality employees without jeopardizing the fiscal integrity of the College.
Accordingly, the President shall not:
- Unilaterally change the terms of his/her employment contract with the College.
- Promise or imply permanent or guaranteed employment.
- Establish compensation and benefits that:
- Create obligations over a term that cannot be sustained by projected revenues.
- Exceed parameters established by the Board.
- Cause unfunded liabilities to occur.
- Violate federal or state law.
- Fail to implement processes to address conflicts of interest in hiring of employees, consultants, and contract workers.
- Fail to disclose any known conflict of interest to the Board prior to hiring. If any conflict of interest becomes known after the date of hire, the President will notify the Board at the next regularly scheduled Board meeting.
- Fail to provide the Board with a quarterly Human Resource Monitoring Report.
|Date of Change||Description of Change||Governance Unit|
|03-07-22||Initial Adoption||Board of Trustees|