For a student to be admitted into the Shawnee Community College Advanced Honors Program, he/she must meet all of the guideline requirements for the regular escrow program except:
- The requirement for a student to be a Junior or Senior may be waived if circumstances warrant and the student gets approval from both the high school and community college president.
- Maximum course loads exceeding the waived nine credit hours are the financial responsibility of the student and must meet the guidelines established under Policy 8151. The maximum course load of nine credit hours per semester may be waived during the summer semester following the student’s junior year in high school.
In addition to the regular escrow requirements, the student must also meet the following requirements:
- Fill out an application for the Advanced Honors
- Be ranked in the upper 20% of his/her class (using all high school grades assigned up to the time of application).
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA (grade point average) of 25, based on the 4.0 scale.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative Shawnee Community College GPA of 3.0, based on the 4.0
- The student’s schedule of Shawnee Community College courses is officially approved each semester by the high school official and the Registrar of Shawnee Community College.