Committee Name: Academic Affairs Leadership Team
Committee Type: Administrative – Operations
Mission/Purpose: The Academic Affairs Leadership Team (ALT) serves as the major operational decision-making body for Academic Affairs Division of the College and is responsible for ensuring the College’s academic-related strategic initiatives align with identified key performance indicators and measures of success. The ALT is responsible for creating and sustaining a vibrant, innovative culture that is focused on helping students achieve their learning goals in a safe and supportive environment. The ALT develops, nurtures, and facilitates collaborative decision-making through inclusive and intentional communication with the effective allocation of resources throughout the College. The ALT works in tandem with both the Student Affairs Leadership Team and the Administrative Services Leadership Team to ensure College activities align with the continuous improvement of student learning and success.
Scope of Responsibility: The ALT shall:
- Oversee Academic Affairs operations and ensure employee efforts are optimized towards the attainment of the College’s strategic goals and the Board’s strategic outcomes.
- Develop, monitor, and report on the implementation of the College’s academic related strategic plan initiatives.
- Facilitate input from, and communication with, a broad-based campus and community population on matters that improve teaching and learning.
- Assess the Academic Affairs budget and recommend allocation priorities.
- Ensure college compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Review Institutional Effectiveness efforts and use key performance metrics to improve operational practices.
- Delegate operational decision-making authority to the most appropriate level in the division and ensure alignment of employee effort.
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization to assist with planning, implementation, and evaluation of Academic Affairs strategy/initiatives.
- Ensure operational processes and activities promote institutional effectiveness, through informed data-driven decision-making, collaboration, assessment, communication, coordination, and refinement.
- Make recommendations to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) regarding the implementation and progress of major academic-related planning and initiatives.
- Review Academic Affairs-related Board Monitoring Reports.
- Receive and review periodic updates and reports from operational committees and employees.
Policy Responsibility: None.
Reporting: The ALT advises the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA). The VPAA will consider all recommendations made by the ALT and endorse those that benefit the College. All endorsed recommendations will be sent to the Executive Council for approval.
Associated Committees: President’s Cabinet, Academic Affairs Council, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council, Academic Standards Team, Student Academic Assessment Team, and Curriculum & Instruction Team
Composition: Dean of Allied Health & Nursing Programs, Dean of Career & Technology Programs, Dean of Transfer & Adult Ed Programs, Director of Business & Workforce Development, Director of Adult & Alternative Education, Coordinator of HS Partnerships & Pathways, Department Chairs, Executive Associate to the VPAA, Faculty (2), and Staff (2)
Meeting Dates: Second and Fourth Tuesday of the month from 1:00p – 3:00p.