Committee Name: Academic Affairs Council
Committee Type: Administrative – Policy
Mission/Purpose: The Academic Affairs Council (AAC) will serve as the academic planning and academic policy making body of the College and is responsible for strategic planning, policy development, institutional effectiveness and coordinating the policy functions of the Academic Standards, Curriculum & Instruction, and the Student Academic Assessment Teams.
Scope of Responsibility: The AAC shall:
- Oversee academic policy, procedure, and guideline development.
- Ensure academic policies, procedures, plans, and other matters are directed to the appropriate governance, administrative, or representative groups.
- Ensure academic-related processes, accreditation processes, integrated plans, and activities promote institutional effectiveness, through informed data-driven decision-making, collaboration, assessment, communication, coordination, and refinement.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures for Academic Affairs areas.
- Make recommendations to the Vice President of Academic Affairs (VPAA) regarding the implementation and progress of major college-wide academic initiatives.
- Implement strategic plan initiatives assigned to the VPAA.
- Develop and review academic related Board Monitoring Reports.
- Review efficacy of persistence & completion efforts as they evolve collegewide.
- Receive and review periodic updates and reports from teams.
- Review student affairs policies and procedures as they pertain to academic services.
- Serve as a communication conduit to the College.
- Assist in maintaining accreditation requirements for HLC.
- Develop, implement and evaluate academic-related student support services.
- Develop or suspend committees as needed through use of ad-hoc groups to research, analyze, and make recommendations.
Policy Responsibility: Academic Affairs (A21xx, A22xx, and A23xx)
Reporting: The AAC reports to the Vice-President of Academic Affairs (VPAA). The VPAA will consider all recommendations made by AAC and endorse those that benefit the College. All approved policy recommendations will be sent to the Executive Council for approval.
Associated Committees: Executive Council, Academic Standards Team; Student Academic Assessment Team; Curriculum & Instruction Team, and Academic Leadership Team
Composition: Faculty (3), Staff (2), Subcommittee Chairs
Meeting Dates: First Thursday of Month from 10:00a – 12:00p.