Who Is Eligible?
can start building a strong academic future with ETS if you meet any of
the criteria below:
- Demonstrate academic potential and/or need for service
- Must be in grades 6-12
- Have documented financial need
- Reside in the SCC District
- Have discontinued their educational process and would like to resume
- Have parents who do not have a four year degree (first generation)
Eligibility requirements are set by the U.S. Department of Education.
Two-thirds of the participants must meet income guidelines and be potential
first-generation college students. Participants are selected with out regard
to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, disability or other factors
prohibited by law. ETS was founded by the Higher Educational Act of 1965
How do you stay Eligible?
- Express a sincere desire to improve and excel academically
- Demonstrate on-going academic and social improvements
- Participate in ETS activities
- Follow all progam rules and guidelines
More Information Contact:
Deborah Johnson - Interim Director of Educational Talent Search
at 1-800-481-2242 ext. 3374 or e-mail