Shawnee Wants You...For Student Trustee!
Do you have what it takes to be a leader at Shawnee Community College?
Then the Student Trustee position may be
- Participate in all Board functions, including serving on Board
committees, attending executive sessions, and performing all other
acts of a non-student member.
- Communicate with all Shawnee College clubs and report back to
the Board of Trustees.
- Go to Student Advisory Council meetings and work with other
trustees in the state.
- Attend 2 meetings in Springfield, Illinois
- Attend 2 meetings near Chicago, Illinois
- Serve on the student senate board and attend board meetings.
- Must have a high school diploma
- Attend SCC full time with 12 or more hours
- Have good standing with the College
- Have an overall GPA of 2.75 to receive and maintain membership
- Respond to interview questions from the Vice President of Student
The Student Trustee is awarded a scholarship that pays for indistrict
tuition, fees, and book loan.
Think you have what it takes?
Apply in Amanda Kirby’s office H2112
Deadline: April 16, by 12:00 Noon
**The winner will be announced on April 25, 2014