Saints Welcome Caden Hight to 2015-2016 Season
The Shawnee Community College Saints Basketball team welcomes Caden Hight to the 2015-2016 team. He will be attending SCC on a valedictorian scholarship. Caden attended Century High School. He is the son of Corby Hight/Kara Hight and Becky Garner.
Caden was a four-year varsity starter for Century High School that saw great success over his four-year career. Hight averaged 22.3 ppg during his senior year and over 16 ppg throughout his high school season. He also averaged 5.0 apg, 3 FG-46%, and FT-87% during his high school career. To just name a few of his many honors, Caden scored 1,884 points in his high school career being the All Time Leading Scorer. Caden also received the following awards during his high school career:
- MVP during all 3 years of high school
- Second Team South Egyptian Conference (2012-2013)
- First Team South Egyptian Conference (2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- MLK Classic Most Outstanding Player Award (2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- 2015 Sesser Holiday Tournament All Tourney Team
- Benton Lions Club All Star at Rend Lake College
- All Tournament Team at Superman Classic (2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Superman Classic Most Points In a Game (43 points)
- Team Captain for Century High School Team (2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015)
- Honorable Mention All State
- SEC Gene Dammerman Award for Scholar/Athletic (2015)
Caden is very involved with Shawnee Community College by participating in the Phi Theta Kappa Chapter and being enrolled in the SCC Honor's Escrow program during his sophomore, junior, and senior years of high school.
Saints basketball Coach John Sparks, said, "Caden is an excellent three-point shooter. He has an excellent basketball I.Q. and an understanding of the game. Caden is a high character kid and will be a great addition to our basketball family."
For more information on the Saints Basketball team, contact Coach John Sparks at 618-634-3230 or email@example.com.
Pictured Above (L-R): Becky Garner, Caden Hight, Kara Hight, Corby Hight, and Coach John Sparks.