Assists Director of Facilities in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures, grounds, and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment by performing the following duties. Also responsible for all facilities setup.
Essential Duties and Responsiblities
- Basic electrical installation and repair
- Basic plumbing repair and replacement
- Painting (interior and exterior)
- Operate lawn mower and lawn equipment
- Operate chain saw and tree trimming equipment
- Operate tractor, loaders, forklift, and equipment
- Operate snow removal equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance on sanitary sewage system
- Event set up
- Move office furniture
- Clean and wash shop and equipment
- Clean work area, tools, and equipment
- General maintenance/grounds work
- Carpet laying
- Monitors and handles HelpDesk requests as assigned by Director of Facilities
- Bloodborne Pathogen training required
- Meeting attendance standards and working long hours when neccessary
- Performing other related duties which may be required by the Director of Facilities or the VP of Financial & Campus Operations (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work)
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or equivalent.
Five (5) Years' experience in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, general maintenance and/or construction.
Knowledge of National Electric Code, State of IL Fire Codes and Health Life Safety Codes.
General computer experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required
- Ability to safely operate tractors, mowers and equipment
- Ability to properly use tools and equipment used in facilities and equipment
- Ability to operate hand and power tools. May be required to operate motor vehicles and light trucks
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs required
- Climb stepladder and extension ladder
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant safety rules and practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply knowledge to the proper operations, use and routine maintenance and repair of equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools. May be required to operate motor vehicles and light trucks.
- Ability to understand and follow uncomplicated instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and co-workers.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to ensure the proper functioning of buildings, facilities, and equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is mainly performed in the college facilities or outside in all weather conditions and on uneven terrain. Also works in garage structure that are often cooler or hotter than normal offices. Noise levels are often high due to the use of equipment and the running of vehicle engines.
Hazards: The individual is subject to moderate exposure to injuries and moderate to high exposure to fumes, vapors, grease, oil, dust, etc. Must follow all safety requirements carefully.
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
-- SCC Application Form
-- Letter of Application
-- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly
-- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
-- 2 Letters of Recommendation
||Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992
For More Information Contact:
Emily Forthman - Human Resource Director
at 1-800-481-2242 ext. 3223 or e-mail