LRC Student Worker - Main Campus
Student workers in the Shawnee Community College Learning Resources Center assist with circulation duties, direct patron inquiries, and explain basic research steps to library patrons. This position also assists with ITV classrooms, including connecting and instructor assistance.
Possess a high school diploma, be enrolled in classes, and be PELL eligible (Shawnee College requirements). Have had, or be eligible for enrollment in, ENG 111. Possess good oral and written communication skills. Able to provide reliable attendance. Available to work during hours that meet library scheduling needs. Understand concept of privacy and confidentiality issues. Able to place books on lower and upper shelves.
Familiarity with basic word processing, e-mail, and other computer tasks. Attention to detail and ability to follow very structured procedures accurately and consistently. Prior successful completion of online course through SCC. Experience with Moodle and Microsoft applications. Knowledge of browsers, Flash, Java, spyware, operating systems, etc. a plus.
Basic duties include:
• Check-in and check-out of materials
• Reshelving of library materials
• Cleaning and straightening shelves and other general upkeep
• Checking outside dropbox
• Answering telephone
• Refilling printers and photocopier
• Explaining basic library search procedures for catalog and online databases
• Creating bulletin boards, displays, or other promotions
If applicable, advanced duties could include AV assistance such as:
• Providing assistance to instructors and others with AV or ITV needs
• Updating software in Smart Classrooms
• Cleaning Smart Classrooms and ITV classrooms
• Testing equipment (set-up and functioning)
Supervisor: Tracey Johnson
Salary: $8.25 per hour - 10 hours per week - 2 Positions Available