Learning Skills Specialist / Tutor Coordinator (Part-Time)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The SSS Learning Skills Specialist/Tutor Coordinator reports directly to the SSS project director, and is expected to work cooperatively with colleagues in student services and developmental instructional department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Education Field (Math, Science, or English) and experience in an institution of higher education working directly with students is required. Computer skills; ability to relate to first generation, low income, and disabled students; a background similar to SSS Program students preferred.
Ability to communicate in written or oral form and apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction.
$11.50 - $12.50 / hour
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application/Resume
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992