Job Title: Executive Assistant I - Records Clerk
Department: Student Success & Services
Reports To: Dean of Student Success & Services
Gives information to callers, and supervises the maintenance of all student records under the supervision of the Dean of Student Success & Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform other related duties which may be required by the Dean of Student Success & Services. (related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.)
- Supervises the daily activities of all student workers assigned to the Records Office.
- Properly affixes and maintains all transcript information on all SCC student transcripts.
- Maintains accurate file of active enrollment forms for all students enrolled.
- Processes and maintains records of transcript requests.
- Upgrade changes to students records as the need arises.
- Receives applications for admission and keys applicant information into the college database system.
- Assists in the administering of standardized tests.
- Prepared the graduation list each semester in conjunction with the Registrar.
- Maintains office supplies and equipment.
- Collects, tabulates, computes, and prepares data relating to department work. The employee is required to use basic math to process data related to departmental work.
- Performs other related technical functions as required to accomplish the foregoing essential functions.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required. Work hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Additional evening and/or weekend hours may be required during peak registration and close of semester periods.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in secretarial science, computers, or related field or three years secretarial work experience.
Experience with Microsoft Office applications and ability to work under own initiative without close monitoring preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Perform the four operations with like common and decimal fractions, compute ratio, rate, and percent.
Ability to develop graphic portrayals of mathematical data.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Lifting items up to 20 pounds in weight.
Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Work is primarily in an office/school environment. Noise levels usually are moderate.
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. If you are selected as a finalist,
you will be notified by telephone. No further information
concerning the progress of the search will be available until a
decision has been reached. At that time,
applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
All applicants must submit all of the credentials
below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be
-- SCC Application Form
-- Letter of Application
-- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly
-- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
-- 2 Letters of Recommendation
||Submit above listed materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992
For More Information Contact:
Emily Forthman - Human Resource Director
at 1-800-481-2242 ext. 3223 or e-mail