Director of Nursing
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate the development of an instructional schedule for health professions each semester and assign individual instructors to implement the schedule. This includes assignments at off-campus clinical sites as well as on-campus instruction for the Associate Degree, Licensed Practical Nursing programs, and Certified Nursing Assistant program.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree in Nursing required. Ph.D. or Ed.D w/ Master’s in Nursing preferred.
Minimum of three years higher education teaching experience (classroom and clinical), full-time teaching experience preferred; One to two years of administrative experience in a higher education or medical setting.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: Current unencumbered Illinois Registered Professional Nurse License or Eligible to be licensed in IL
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992