Director of Grants
QUALIFICATIONS: Has knowledge of grant proposal writing and budgeting techniques, monitoring and compliance procedures, federal funding sources, community college economic and workforce development programs and related governmental rules, guidelines and regulations. Excellent interpersonal skills with highly developed communication skills. Innovative thinking with the ability to envision programs, develop resources to fund new and existing programs and analytical ability to provide detailed reports to meet criteria for each new funding sources. Must possess the abilities and skills to effectively present information to a wide audience of potential funders using multi-media demonstrations, written materials and oral communication.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Fund Development, Public Relations, Education, Technical Writing, or closely related field. At least 5 years of successful grant writing experience and proven to have secured Federal, State and Foundation grants.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Marketing, Fund Development, Public Relations, Education, Technical writing or closely related field and at least 3 years successful grant proposal and grants management experience, preferably within a higher education setting.
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992