Director of Communications/ Public Relations
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Communications/Public Relations provides leadership and supervision for the College’s marketing operations, public and media relations and supports College development initiatives. The Director initiates, directs and sustains a college-wide comprehensive strategic marketing plan coordinating all aspects of internal and external communications including news media relations, government relations and a diverse array of publications.
BA/BS in marketing, public relations, multimedia, or equivalent degree
Four year’s experience in marketing outreach, public relations in a higher education or corporate setting.
MA/MS in marketing, public relations, multimedia, or equivalent degree
Previous successful community college experience.
Ability to organize and administer complex systems; ability to manage details and multiple priorities.
Superior organizational skills; ability to be flexible and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent project management skills.
Sound understanding of the principles of marketing.
Expert knowledge of computer applications (e.g. PC, Adobe Software, Microsoft applications, etc.)
Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing.
Ability to manage a campaign budget.
Ability to conduct research on related topics and to manipulate complex statistical information and reduce information to multiple uses.
Creative & Innovative
Knowledge of social media skills (e.g. Twitter, Facebook YouTube, etc.) in Marketing
Ability to work flexible schedule that may include some evenings and weekends plus travel
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992