Chief of Staff
Summary: The Chief of Staff reports directly to the President and works closely with the President on a wide variety of administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives involving the President's office and its priorities. These include promoting and supporting the mission and values of the college; overseeing the administrative, operational, and financial affairs of the Office of President; serving as a primary liaison between the President and the various Vice Presidents; developing and coordinating special and high-priority projects and initiatives; handling questions, concerns, issues and requests on the Presidents behalf; serving as an advisor to the President; coordinating communications and preparing speeches and special correspondence; and serving as a liaison to a variety of internal and external constituencies. This position is a senior administrator and serves as a member of the President's cabinet.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Master's Degree in Education Administration, English, Business or related field with successful administrative experience.
Preferred: Successful upper-level administrative experience in a community college setting.
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992