Administrative Assistant to the President
Summary: Under the direction of a College President, incumbents will:
- Use significant judgment in decision-making; perform a wide variety of specialized, difficult, and responsible administrative and secretarial functions of the assigned office
- Relieve the administrator of a wide variety of complex and routine administrative details on issues not requiring the administrator's immediate attention
- Support a wide range of complex programs, projects, and operations in which contacts must be tactfully handled
- Act as the primary point person for the assigned office for both internal and external contacts
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day office operations, as well as special events
- Potentially supervise and schedule work of subordinate staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: Any combination of training and experience equivalent to: core coursework for a Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in office management, business or related area of study and related technologies and give years of increasingly responsible experience as an administrative management in an educational or corporate setting with a minimum of one year lead and/or supervisory experience.
SALARY: Commensurate with Salary and Education
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- If you are selected as a finalist, you will be notified by telephone.
- No further information concerning the progress of the search will be available until a decision has been reached. At that time, applicants will be informed of the decision by letter.
- All applicants must submit all of the credentials below to the Human Resource Office in order for your application to be considered complete.
- SCC Application Form
- Letter of Application
- Official Transcript(s) (sent to SCC directly from college/university)
- Proof of Certifications (if applicable)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
Submit materials to:
Ms. Emily Forthman, Human Resource Director
Shawnee Community College
8364 Shawnee College Road
Ullin IL 62992