enroll in the Escrow program, please consult your high school guidance counselor.
Shawnee Community College will
accept students currently enrolled in high school that meet these guidelines:
- Be ranked in the upper 40% of his/her graduating class, be at least
16 years of age and be enrolled in a college preparatory curriculum.
- Have successfully completed three years of high school English prior
to enrolling in an English course.
- Have successfully completed three years of high school math prior to
enrolling in a math course.
- Have successfully completed the ASSET or COMPASS examination with the
required score to enter ENG 111, transfer level math, or any other academic
class and be performing on the required reading level.
- Submit a copy of his/her high school transcript along with the Student
Information Form and Escrow Application signed by a high school official
and a parent/guardian
- Eight semester hours of credit are the maximum number of hours a student
can enroll in during any given semester.
- Students must maintain a Shawnee Community College GPA of 2.0 or above
to continue in the Escrow Program.
Advanced Honors Program Admission
In addition to the regular escrow requirements, the student must also meet
the following requirements:
Honors Escrow students get a tuition/fee waiver and a book loan, making attending
SCC virtually free.
- Fill out an application for the Advanced Honors Program.
- Be ranked in the upper 20% of his/her class (using all high school grades
assigned up to the time of application).
- Have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25, based on the 4.0
- Maintain a minimum cumulative SCC GPA of 3.0, based on the 4.0 scale.
- The student's schedule of SCC courses is officially approved each semester
by the high school official and the SCC Registrar.
More Information Contact:
Admissions and Advising
at 1-800-481-2242 or (618) 634-3200 or e-mail