The two-year cosmetology technology curriculum is designed to prepare the student for the Illinois State Licensing Examination and to provide knowledge and skills needed by the graduate who plans to own and operate or manage a salon.
- Meet all admission policies and complete all required admission forms of the college.
- Submit a completed Cosmetology Admission/Interview Application.
- Submit a copy of his or her high school diploma or a copy of GED test scores certifying the student is a high school graduate.
- Test into college level reading and writing using COMPASS/ASSET or ACT composite.
- Complete a personal interview with members of the cosmetology faculty. During the interview the student will be required to complete an aptitude test.
This program has been identified as a TECH PREP program.