Welcome Shawnee Community College students & graduate!
Congratulations on taking the next step in continuing your education. The Mid-Continent University Advantage Program has an established tradition of being affordable, accessible, and achievable. You have the option of completing your Bachelor's degree locally at Shawnee Community College or through our ONLINE degree completion program.
The convenience and service of the Advantage Program is second to none, and many area working adults have completed their education in approximately 18 months. Local classes meet just one night a week, making it possible for adults to reach their elusive goal of finishing what they started at Shawnee Community College. Both the ONLINE and face to face options allow the student to maintain full time status, enhancing opportunities for loans and grants.
Shawnee Community College has partnered with Mid-Continent University to offer a 2 + 2 agreement for increasing the purpose of your convenience and easing the transition process. Mid Continent allows you to transfer up to 80 credits from Shawnee Community College, or other accredited colleges that you may have attended. Mid-Continent is very "community college graduate" friendly, in that most credits, even in the technical areas, are transferable. This program is designed for adults with approximately 2 years of prior college and 24 years of age.
The ADVANTAGE Program offers educational opportunities for adult students. The Bachelor of Science program enables adults 25 years of age or older who have completed approximately 60 hours of college credit to complete a Bachelor Degree in Business Management. This program is designed to remove the barriers that commonly prevent busy adults from reaching their educational goals. Some of the program highlights include:
- Attend class one evening each week/one class at a time
- Attend class in your own community
- Academic advising, financial aid, book delivery, and registration provided at your class site
- Acceptance of "old" credits from years gone by
- Opportunity to pursue credit for training and learning obtained through the workplace
- Improving communication, management, and other skills to enhance job performance
- Receiving individualized instruction within a small class structure
- Completing a fully accredited Bachelor of Science degree in less than two years
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Second least expensive private college in Kentucky
Mid-Continent University is willing to make the ADVANTAGE Program available in any community no matter how small. Call today to get started on your journey to complete your college education. 1-270-247-8521 or visit the us on the web at www.midcontinent.edu
Please email or call the appropriate admissions representative today for the personal assistance you deserve or click on our link below.
- Bachelor's degree available at Shawnee Community College:
- Stephani Borders- 1-270-804-6416
- Tina Penrod - 1-618-658-8919
- Bachelor's degree available ONLINE:
For information on the Traditional Campus in Mayfield, Kentucky, please contact an Admissions Representative at 1-866-894-8878