Educational Center Policies:
1. No food, drinks, or candy are permitted in the education
2. Only qualified personnel may be permitted to operate the stage
lighting and sound reinforcement systems. Requests for a sound technician
should be made through the office of the Special Events Facilitator.
All stage lighting instruments are to remain on the lighting bar.
props, scenery, costumes, etc. brought into the educational center for
a production should be removed from the building immediately after the
5. Sandbags or weights must be used to brace props.
6. Set construction:
(a) painting should be done outside the stage area and drop cloths must
be used. (b) sawing. Do as much sawing as possible outside. No power sawing
allowed inside facility.
7. Sponsors and/or facility users are responsible
for supervising children attending auditions, set construction, rehearsals,
8. Ticket printing: (a) There are 492 fixed seats in the Educational
Center . (b) Do not print more than 492 tickets.
9. No open flame is to
be used. Depending on the nature of the activity, consideration for permission
for usage of open flame may be granted by the President.
10. All scheduling
of events for the Educational Center shall be scheduled no later than four
(4) weeks prior to the event.
11. The College shall have priority for Educational
12. The building usage policy of Shawnee Community College
applies to the usage of this building, although an additional usage fee
shall be assessed when special theatrical equipment is used.
13. The Humanities
Department shall make every effort to schedule all major events (concerts,
plays, etc.) no less than one (1) semester in advance of usage.
changes in the number of people attending or the cancellation of this activity
must be made to Beth Darden, extension 3224, or Becky Casper, extension
3260, at least 48 hours in advance. Failure to do so may result in the
loss of future privileges to reserve rooms at Shawnee Community College
, and/or a charge of $35.00.
1. All equipment (power or otherwise) shall be turned
off and locked when not in use.
2. College trained personnel shall operate
special equipment used.
3. No unauthorized person shall handle lights,
lift, batten, sound, or set construction equipment.
4. All tools shall
be locked up and are the responsibility of the person or persons in charge.
5. Any alteration of the basic Educational Center setup shall be only by
6. Whenever the sound setup in the Educational Center
must be altered, a college audio/visual technician must be present prior
to any alternations in the system.
7. The control booth must be kept locked
when not in use and only authorized personnel will occupy the control booth.
1. A 24-hour period for clearing of the Educational Center
area shall be adhered to for all events.
2. The Educational Center area
shall be kept locked at all times with keys readily available for authorized
3. Flown scenery shall be changed only by college personnel
and: only with person or persons in charge present; only in hard hats;
only persons directly involved with counterbalancing shall be on stage.
4. Outside groups shall either satisfactorily clean the Educational Center
area of debris or pay an equitable cleanup fee.
5. All fire and safety
regulations shall be strictly adhered to.
6. The person or persons in charge
shall be responsible for any damage to building or equipment.
The above statements of policy are to make the Educational Center available
on fair and equitable basis and to provide the maximum safety and security
for personnel and equipment while maintaining the facility in excellent
Facility/Technical Fees (maximum seating 492)
Education Center - $100.00
Additionally, a SCC liaison is required to be present at all events in the Educational Center at the rate of $15 an hour. The liaison will be provided by the Educational Center Program Coordinator.